KSE Institute Sanctions group
Since the beginning of Russia’s full scale war against Ukraine, the KSE Institute team has focused on providing the Office of the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine with research-based analytical support on sanctions, damage assessment, food security and recovery.
KSE Institute is part of Yermak-McFaul International Expert Group on Russian Sanctions launched by the President of Ukraine, as well as an intergovernmental group on sanctions against Russia.
Our experts provide the main analytical work for these groups and participate in the development of sanctions and position documents of Ukraine. They are also in dialogue with a number of companies, persuading them to leave Russia even without decisions from their country’s government.
KSE Institute Sanctions group Products
- Sanctions monitoring – monitoring the implementation of the Yermak-McFaul International Sanctions Group Sanction Plan
- Sanctions database – consolidated by the KSE Institute experts data on sanctions imposed by the international community against the RF
- Impact of sanctions on the RF economy – comprehensive report on the impact of sanctions on key macroeconomic indicators
- Sanctions Effectiveness – analysis of the implementation, effectiveness and ways of circumventing sectoral sanctions
- Position papers – proposals from KSE Institute experts within the work of the Yermak-McFaul Group
- Sectoral reports – analysis of the impact of sanctions in terms of specific sectors of the Russian economy
Since February 24 following projects were launched by KSE Institute:
Russia will pay / damaged.in.ua
The project of collecting, evaluating, analyzing, and documenting information on direct losses to civilian infrastructure in connection with Russian aggression
SelfSanctions / LeaveRussia
The KSE Institute project aimed to collect data on foreign companies operating in the Russian market and limiting or terminating their activities
Agricultural War Damages Review
Regular product aimed to inform the wide audience and policy makers on the compensation and rehabilitation needs
Food Security and Agricultural Policy Review
Regular monitoring of the food security situation in Ukraine and wartime agricultural policy response